Empower Your SEO Efforts With Social Media Marketing
Combining social-media best practices of a campaign with your content marketing strategy will yield powerful results for your business. Now and again, I hear online marketing professionals strive to describe various marketing strategies in discrete contexts and to an extent, this is appropriate. Working around content marketing, search engine optimization (SEO) and social media marketing can all be planned and accomplished separately. You could evidently practice each one as an individual venture.
Nevertheless, it is far more efficient if you communicate these strategies in conjunction with one another, complementing and enhancing your efforts. Content boosts your SEO campaign by attracting more inbound links and better optimizing for certain key phrases and social media feeds into your website by boosting its reach.
But the questions still remain:
- what exactly is the connection between social media and SEO?
- Can social media campaigns improve organic search rankings?
Social Media Profile
Once you decide which social media channels are best suitable for your particular business, the first steps required of you will be to fill out your chosen social media profiles with information about your company. This information, as trivial as it may seem, is an indexable content which helps your local and global rankings indirectly. Numerous third-party review sites ‘scan’ social media profiles for local business information which end up as entries on their site. Google then uses these entries to form their own scheme for the local business. As trivial as it may seem, filling out your social media profile information will improve the visibility and accuracy of your business’ online presence.
Empower your SEO with Inbound Links
Google considers two main factors when it comes to ranking results for a given query:
- Relevance – How properly the content meets the needs of a given search query.
- Authority – How trustworthy or respectable the source is. It is determined by the inbound links of the page.
The reason social media is important to SEO us because the more higher authority links you have pointing to you, the higher ranking you will receive. We are all familiar with the links in Facebook posts, Twitter tweets and other social media posts don’t have a direct impact on your search rankings, but truth to be told, they do amplify the results and they do attract more inbound links which in the end make the impact you are looking for.
Social media as a Distribution Platform
Distributing links to a wide range of your targeted audience is the best advantage social media channels offer you as a marketing channel. Posting a blog onto your social media channels could instantly open it to hundreds or thousands of new eyes which can result with you gaining more new readers that might also share your content with others. This alone is not the only SEO strategy for a business, but every reader can potentially be a blogger, journalist, editor or otherwise have the potential to build a natural link to your content. Using social media channels can assist you with receiving references and potentially working with others – which means that utilizing social media channels to your advantage can and will greatly increase the scope and potential of your inbound links.
Due to Google not explicitly notify all about the presence of social signals in its search ranking algorithm, the marketing community doesn’t exactly knows whether or not “social signals” can affect your search rankings. The conjecture is that articles that receive a high number of social media shares will get an additional boost. In Searchmetrics’ ““, Google+ +1’s had a correlation of 0.31 with rankings, with Facebook shares at 0.28, Tweets at 0.23 and Pinterest pins at 0.23. Moz released its report with similar numbers around the same time. While it’s not possible to equate correlation with causation, it’s safe to say that articles with more shares tend to have more visibility, traffic and inbound links, so there’s a real SEO benefit there either way. Social media is also a conduit for making new connections, with influencers who already have a sizable following and reputation as well as external publications who might work with you to publish your content as a guest post. If you can attract the attention of users, you can greatly increase your range of influence. In this context, social media is a tool you can use to earn more diversified SEO opportunities.
Long Term Success Using Social Media
Harnessing the power of your social media campaign can and will improve your search rankings. This is exactly why as long as you convey the following best practices in mind for long-term, you will sure to succeed:
- Social media presence – Your very first step should be creating your profiles in the relevant social media channels for you business. You will never know what information could be useful, so fill in all the field completely and don’t miss out on anything.
- Promote your content via social media – In order to gain greater search engine visibility, you must promote content on a regular basis. Make the best out of your marketing efforts and unleash your fantastic content to the world!
- Encourage shares – When you post and publish your content via your social media profiles, post the highest high potential for shareability content and encourage your users to share them with their friends and followers. When people share your content, it means your reader show you true social media love! Earning more social signals, more inbound links, and more audience is what you are working so hard for.
- Engage with influencers – Finding influencers and interacting with them is a major opportunities to multiply your audience and brand visibility – Go out there and find them!
Applying these best practices to your SEO efforts will grant you better results to your overall marketing strategy. Integrating your social media campaign tightly into your content marketing and SEO efforts will increase every area of development.